I had a feeling... you know something is coming up. Trying not to be a snoop (more than humanly possible) I guessed Gary was going to throw me a surprise birthday party. We are a bit over board on the surprise thing but what the heck - we have fun with it.
So Saturday he was acting all funny... and I knew it was happening...but we both played along.
At 5pm he tells me ... let's go! I ask where... he tells me I'll find out. Of course he has the video camera and I have to drive. Ever drive to your own surprise party without directions? How did I figure out that I should drive to the park at the corner of Sheldon & Palmer??? Silly me!
We get there.. .tons of decorations (Halloween themed of course)! Lots of friends and family. Family included Charlotte (my mother inlaw) who was "supposed" to have left two days earlier.
So Saturday he was acting all funny... and I knew it was happening...but we both played along.
At 5pm he tells me ... let's go! I ask where... he tells me I'll find out. Of course he has the video camera and I have to drive. Ever drive to your own surprise party without directions? How did I figure out that I should drive to the park at the corner of Sheldon & Palmer??? Silly me!
We get there.. .tons of decorations (Halloween themed of course)! Lots of friends and family. Family included Charlotte (my mother inlaw) who was "supposed" to have left two days earlier.
I hear beeping... beeping of a car horn. I do a triple take... here comes a brand new Toyota Camry (blue) with a HUGE red bow on the front (think of the Lexus car commercials at Christmas time)... TONS of large helium filled balloons floating all around the car...as well as packed inside the car. The horn keeps beeping... and I walk toward the car. Then I start to cry...Brian is driving the car. My Brian.. he is here! Not that everyone else there wasn't special... but Brian was home. I've missed him so much! Sigh.
Hurrah - both my kids are here!!!
So people ate (not me).. and we had AWESOME cake... Pati baked it.
I wish my mom & dad were able to come but their health issues don't allow it.
However, we were treated by the presence of Ms. Olivia...is she not just the cutest baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment