Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yikes..

My apologies to friends if I've been a bit aloof lately. So busy....

My mom is hanging in there... the new regimen of chemo seems to be working - hurrah! Three days a week - every three weeks - for how long I don't know. She has to eat a ton just to keep her weight up. She takes great pleasure in letting me know she has "skinny legs"...grrr...of course not a great way to get them. Good news is that she is well enough to get out with friends... drive a bit... and is having some fun.

My dad was not feeling well... problems "peeing"... taking all kinds of meds... concerned more about mom and finally went to a new urologist. Tests, more tests, and.... he has cancer. Malignancy on his kidney ... bladder, etc. I am quietly scared ... sad ... frustrated ... I want to be there to take care of them both. Surgery is scheduled for August 26th.

My sister is flying down to take care of them. It feels weird...that is my job. I've been an only child for a long time.... (not really but that is another long story)....it's been mom/dad and me for ever. This is stupid but it's just the way it is. I'm concerned... how is she going to take care of them? She has a hard time just taking care of herself. Her disabilities don't allow her to do much - and she gets sore & tired. This is a huge move for her too... so I'm just sitting and waiting until they all need me. What a caretaker I am.

No comments: