Sunday, November 16, 2008

My mom

My mom passed away today. She was at 72 years old. It was the saddest moment of my life.

Her cancer had come back with a vengence. She had kidney failure and for the first time since this nightmare first started, she was on pain medications. Morphiene and oxycontin. Her lungs went this morning and she was moved to CCU... the doctors told us that no matter what they did...they would not be able to cure the problems. They told us, although our decision, that we should let her rest in peace. One thing more than any other...my mother did not want to suffer... so we agreed to let her rest in peace.

I was with her ... stroking her head... telling her all the wonderful things she has done and how much we all loved her. I shared with her that she was a great mom and she had provided us with a beautiful life. Her last words to me were "thank you"...and after that she stopped breathing and passed away.

I will miss her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless your Mom, you and your family. Please consider this a big -HUG-. If you need anything, please let me know...

daedra said...

I'm so sorry Caren, you're post made me cry. I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose such a wonderful woman in your life.

Anonymous said...

Oh Caren, I am so sorry. You mom was a very special woman, and I know there will be a very big hole without her. But I am glad you were able to be with her. Hugs and let me know if you need anything.