Thursday, January 15, 2009

TGFV

Now if you are wondering if Ihad made a "typo" in my title...absolutely NOT. TGFV stands for Thank God For Val! Val is my co-worker...she is now my ONLY co-worker since the company let go of the rest of our department. I'll get to the TGFV in a bit.

I'm going to miss my Judy so much...she and I worked together for 6+ years. Special things about Judy were her sense of humor, her candy jar (yup - we'll miss that), her prayers (she goes to church a lot) and just about everything. She has such a big heart and a work ethic not to be beat!

I'll miss Jon too... my first day at the company was his last as an intern. He left for a short while to run a lawn business and work on his rental homes. But, he came back. I watched him grow up...get engaged...get married...buy his first house...and be the best football buddy a girl could have. And, Becky, our intern grew her position into the termination queen.

Now, why TGFV!!! Well, Val and I have to learn how to do EVERYTHING the other three did. Mind you, when I started 6 years ago, there were about 30 of us in the Staffing / Campus Group. Of course business in the automotive world stinks big-time right now...and we really are not doing much hiring. BUT... we have to learn a ton in two days.

So today, as we were sitting with Becky as she started training us on the termination process (which is audited so we can't "wing it")...and after sitting in meetings learning Judy's job all morning (we barely made a dent) and then reviewed Jon's stuff...well we were in the midst of learning Becky's work. And she talked and explained...and we took notes...and she talked more and we wrote more...and then all of a sudden I look over at Val and she has "the look"...the look that tells me that she is overwhelmed...and she is breathing that "calming" breathe she does when she is stressing. My heart is pounding...and I'm getting stressed...and all of a sudden I start to giggle...and the giggles turn into laughter! Val looks at me and then she loses it too. We are both bright red...laughing so hard that the laughter turns to tears. And we are crying and laughing and just done for the day.

We need help! So for today...THANK GOD FOR VAL... it's good to know she and I see things the same way. Anyone got a paddle cuz the river up ahead doesn't look all that calm!

2 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

WOW!! That is a lot to take on. And to top that off with a busted water pipe...oh my!

Keep your chin up my dear! : )

Unknown said...

Sending organized calm wishes your way! I don't envy you one bit - except for the part of me that is collecting unemployment!!!(but that is a VERY small part!) ;)

Maybe we can de-stress you with some scrapping therapy some time!!! Let me know when!

:)