A very sweet, happy, lovey dovey Valentine's Day to you!!!
It's been a roller coaster weekend around here (what a surprise...not). Thursday night we attended the funeral/viewing for Steve's uncle Ron who died from a seizure while swimming. Steve is Gary's oldest son from his first marriage...so it was his moms side of the family. The funeral itself was on Friday morning. What a beautiful tribute to a man I never met. It is sometimes "awkward" attending a funeral for an "ex" family...but it was important to be there for Steve. His mom's family is really, really nice and my heart goes out to them at this tragic time.
So I messed up and made reservations for Friday night ... not tonight (duh) at PF Changs. Couldn't get a reservation for today but it turned out it was all good. Last night we got home and Spencer was still not feeling good... Gary didn't feel good...and I was happy as a clam to finish reading my book and chill in PJ's.
Dad felt really bad yesterday morning and called me before 8am. That's pretty early for dad. He was in a ton of pain - his stomach. He wasn't sure if it was the Chinese food or cancer or something new and exciting. After the ER visit - he is now in a room at JKF Memorial and has had lots and lots of tests. MRI, CT Scan..... looks like on top of everything else my poor dad has going on...he now has Galbladder problems. A stone from his gallbladder is stuck in the tube (?) to his liver. They are doing a non-invasive procedure to try and get it out by a tube down his throat. The guy needs a break. Thank goodness for morphiene..at least that is what he keeps telling me.
This morning I got to visit Dr. Jerry! He's my foot doctor who was also my paperboy growing up. I love Jerry...we've been friends FOREVER! Now my friends may be shaking their heads right now because they know I have broken my left foot 4 (yup four) times in the past 10 years. The most recent was in September when we were at the football game. Now the past 4 breaks had all been the left foot. So the other day when I was "just walking up the stairs"...and I felt something kind of pop in my right foot...I just stopped and said to myself "shit". Yup...that is what I said as I had a feeling I might have broken my right foot.
Well we had a bit of snow last night and the trip to Jerry's office took me 1 1/2 hours..about 45 minutes longer than normal. X-rays didn't show a break (phew??) but that isn't anything new cuz I get stress fractures that don't always show up on x-rays. A big old cortisone shot in my foot...bandaged up with some special medication and then an ace wrap. I'm off running around for a week. If it doesn't feel better by then....he's putting me in a cast...wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Now we are in the process of cutting floor boards to start finishing the bathroom. These are the boards that go down prior to the ceramic tile.
Ha ha ha.... I keep laughing otherwise I might just cry and that never did me any good!
No comments:
Post a Comment