Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter present!

The Easter Bunny brought me the best treat.... my son! Brian flew in from Colorado today ... and I got to meet his girlfriend. It was fabulous to see him.... that giant smile and those wonderful hugs. My son! His girlfriend is very nice...cute little thing with a smart brain in her head. She is graduating from Michigan State with her degree in Chemical Biology and applying to Grad School... in Denver (duh). We all (Gary & Marissa too) went to the "Coney Island" for lunch and ate up a storm. It's Brian's favorite...chili dogs, chili cheese fries, chicken finger pitas, greek salads and a tuna melt...all for $35.00. Can't beat it.

The kids went to their dads for dinner and then are heading to East Lansing to see some friends. They'll be back on Wednesday to hang out and one last "mom" dinner...brisket!

Besides that I got some painting done - I'm redoing my bath in a warm buttercream color (getting rid of the gold) - and the trim on all the other window trim since the new ones need a bit of touch up.

Sigh... a great day! Don't you love it.

Happy Easter to my friends celebrating!

2 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

I got to see my daughter today. Glad you got to see your son. Yes, it was a great day for us moms!

The Texas Woman

Caren said...

Funny how they still give us joy!