Mothers Day was a good day!
It started out with me "finally" going over to the walk-in health clinic to have my eye checked. I really thought my allergies were kicking butt and my daughter definitely thought I had pink-eye. Ha...we were both wrong. Apparently, I have an infection surrounding my cornea...in BOTH eyes. I look lovely! Got my antibiotic drops and antibiotic ointment and off I went.
Gary asked what I wanted to do for Mother's day...my initial thought was "just have a peaceful day with no stress" but you just can't translate that to a guy. So, he asked if I wanted to go to a baseball game...yup, sure...love baseball games. I love the game, I love the sounds, and I love the smells - hot dogs, beer, cotton candy, giant pretzels...yummy!!! We drove to Toledo, Ohio (about an hour south of us) and saw the Toledo Mudhens play a team called the Iron Pigs. You know what...it was great! We parked one block away for a mere $5.00. Walked up to the window and got 2 tickets 5 rows up from the "hens" dug-out at first base. Lots of families...lots of fun!
After the game we came home to a sushi dinner (thanks Marissa) for the girls and bbq burgers for the boys. We watched the Red Wings win another game - hurrah, the Tigers won - hurrah and Golf was prime. During all this TV activity I was lost in the latest book by Charlaine Harris - the Sookie Stackhouse series - on which HBO based the "True Blood" series. I have not seen any of the TV series but have totally enjoyed the books. I think I've become a CHarris junkie as I've now read two other series she wrote. They are fun...easy read...but different.
I love the fact that Marissa and I both are reading junkies. Her dad is as well so we have great conversations on how we enjoyed (or didn't) different books.
So on to Monday and a crazy week! Happy Birthday to my dear friend Pam!!! Love you!!!
2 comments:
Bummer on the eye stuff! I just got the first book in that series and hope to start it tonight...I need a good easy read. :)
What a busy and fun Mother's Day! Hope your eyes get better soon :)
Post a Comment