But would you check out this plant! Now I have LOADS of plants around my house as my hubby is a plant nut. I have a HUGE plant stand in my kitchen as to contain the lovelies in one area. They were taking over every inch of free counter space. Oops..sorry - digressed there a bit.
Anyhow, when we were at Eastern Market on Saturday morning I saw this plant at a stand. I just knew Gary would love it and much to my own surprise... I bought it. It's called a Parrot's beak...and the flowers do look just like them!
Apparently, you can grow them outside as an annual...they can get up to 4' tall! But, you can also keep them indoors as a houseplant which is what we will do. The growing season is pretty short in Michigan.
Just thought I would share :-) Happy Memorial Day!
2 comments:
Never heard of it (no surprise there) but it is spectacular! Thanks for sharing your discovery. I bet Gary loved it!
The Texas Woman
That's a cool plant!
Yes, to answer your question, the Twins are building an outdoor park. It is a HUGE issue here in MN (money, mostly). The dome is fine if you ask me, but apparently "everyone" wants an outdoor park. Don't know who "everyone" is, but, well, ya' know!
Post a Comment