I started reading the following blog..."This is Reverb" from a link off the Pioneer Woman's blog. I guess I read a lot of blogs these days...different blogs from when I started a few years ago. Not so much about scrapbooking...but finding interesting people and their outlook on life. This morning I read the following and just had to share. Wishing you a great day...Check out the blog at: http://www.thisisreverb.com/
There is a lot going on right now.
The mantle of leadership in a church environment can be extremely difficult at times. As a community that has invited a “come as you are” atmosphere, people often show up who are broken or prideful or hopeless or annoying or addicted or “perfect” or dying or exploding with life.
At times, the weightiness of these people and this ministry can be heavier than I’d like to admit. However, this fight is more worth it than any efforts I’ve ever laid my hands to.
Here are a few things I’ve been observing / learning / reflecting on over the last couple of weeks:
*
Time spent, doing seemingly random or meaningless things with friends and family is crucial.
*
The cutting of one’s hair is often the desire for more control playing itself out in a tangible way.
*
Being a good man has little to do with being a safe man.
*
Everyone you lock eyes with has something serious going on somewhere in their lives.
*
Giving people the benefit of the doubt is difficult, but necessary.
*
Food is unlike any other conversation starter.
*
You need to tend the garden, or else weeds will choke out the produce you’re assuming will just grow.
*
God’s chest is big enough and strong enough to pound on.
*
Drinking a 5-hour energy shot and then smoking a good cigar can make you feel euphoric.
*
Far too many people have their entire identity wrapped up in what they do, rather than who they are.
*
A fresh coat of paint covers a multitude of sins.
*
If someone seems to be pushing you away, it’s possible that they want you around more often.
*
The choice to “go it alone” is arrogant and unsafe.
*
Stop and pray for that person right now, don’t wait until later when you might do it.
*
Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
*
Coca-Cola from Mexico, made with cane sugar is worth the calories.
2 comments:
Such true revelations! Thanks for sharing her thoughts. I'll need to revisit these and write some of them down, especially the pushing people away and going at it alone. Plus, I'm planning on cutting my hair in the next week or two!
I'm all about soft drinks with real sugar. Even though my hips aren't.
What a great list!
Post a Comment