Friday, August 14, 2009

What a week...

Wow...this week was busy!

Gary got home from his golf trip on Sunday night. He had a great time. Always good for the guys to get away and have fun. This group of guys has golfed togther for 20 years.


We celebrated his 27th birthday on Monday...yes, he's 27 again but I stopped counting after his 50th a few years ago. The boys had left Monday morning to spend a week up north with their mom & other siblings...so it was relatively quiet this week. I got Gary the craziest golf pants...and he is not shy at all so golfers...I'm sorry. Check out these "loudmouth" golf pants. Just wild!

Anyhow, we had a great dinner...steaks and ahi tuna...corn fresh from the farm...twice baked potatos and a home made chocolate fudge cake. I whipped up that dinner in 1 1/2 hours...then I thought I would collapse. I am still full!

My dad FINALLY arrived on Tuesday. It was his first time traveling alone...and his first trip back to Michigan since my mom passed away in November. It was sad...but I was REALLY glad to see him. I worry about him a lot and hate that he lives so far away. Funny though, he has a bunch of friends and activities that keep him as busy as he wants to be in Florida. I think he would go stir crazy staying in Michigan for more than a month at a time.

Wednesday Marissa spent the day with dad...lunch at their favorite Leo's Coney Island. Dad had two coney dogs...he loves them!!! Nothing special went on Wednesday night...I had my last swimming/weight training session with my trainer. I think I'm going to splurge and buy another 6 sessions. She kicks my butt in the pool...god bless her!

Thursday we tried to figure out why the house was raining again. I'm pretty sure it is from the sink...so why Gary took the toilet off...I don't know. I found a plumber while he was doing that when he "mentioned" that he was going to tear up the new ceramic tile floor we just put down in the winter after the pipes froze. Sigh.

And today... I worked from home all afternoon since the plumber was supposed to be here by 1:00...1:30 at the latest. I got my paper done for school...and waited until he arrived at 4:10 pm. Confirmed that it was a leaking pipe from the sink in the bathroom and no we should not rip out the bathroom floor. Better to rip out the kitchen ceiling again.

Ready for ice cream!

No comments: