Friday, January 15, 2010

Hi

I have been wondering why I have not updated my blog in a while and just said...DO IT!

The new year started out somewhat bumpy.

Marissa's boyfriend ended their 6 month relationship via a text message. Dad don't say anything to her... I know you are one of my readers...so let it be that I am just sharing for you. On top of that her clutch went out on her car which cost her $1,600. Thanks dad for saving the day on that front as the money was for college. She did sign up for classes and is attending school full-time and working 3 days a week cutting hair. I am ULTRA proud of her.

Brian is fine...and happy as ever with winter in Denver. This means snowboarding for him. He loves it.

Spencer is working at the movie theater, mostly on the weekends, which means he doesn't go to his moms house any longer. He still has yet to sign up for his driving test???? What boy doesn't want his license??? He'll be 17 in April - man.... Well, possibly now that he and his latest girlfriend broke up will be a catalyst for him as she was a taxi driver for him.

Evan isn't around much. He is in school full-time and works with his mom so he camps at her house the majority of the time. Sad to say...I'm fine with that.

Steve is down visiting Charlotte in Florida. Silly Steve "thinks" he is going to just camp out at Grandma's for a few months then come home and work the farm with Uncle Mark & Aunt Linda. Grandma called to say he can only stay for 2 weeks. Hmmm...he gave up his apartment...wondering if our "hotel" will have another "guest" for a few months???? I doubt it and hope not.

Dad is busy!!!! He has decided that he should become Don Juan and has been dating up a storm. Way to go dad! I am happy that he is out having fun. Not that we don't miss mom - we do big time... it is just that life goes on and you've got to live it. Next round of cancer treatments start next Tuesday. Yuck. Here's to a fast 6 weeks dad!

Charlotte has been complaining lately that she is getting old. She doesn't have the energy she used to...to clean her house, or drive at night (she has macular degeneration) and I think she wants to be closer to family. She will be 87 this year. She mentioned moving up to Michigan to be closer...I hope my house isn't that "close" and an independent living apartment situation is in her though patterns. Time will tell...

Gary is busy as ever with work...and it loving it. His department is in charge of the new (being built) data center for the University of Michigan Hospital. So glad he feels more secure in his work - finally. I think he had a very tough transition to the U and it effected his outlook on life.

So the holidays are over...and I start back to school next month. I'm taking 3 (yes that is three) classes at the same time in the accelerated program. I should be INSANE by the time they end BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I can graduate this spring. Finally. I can taste it....

OK...now that you've had the family update I'll be back with regularly scheduled nonsense!!!

Have a fabulous day...it's Friday and blue jean day.

Oops... not to forget to mention a special prayer to the Haitians...what a horrible tragedy.

No comments: