Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend update (sounds like a news show)

It's Tuesday morning...and my back doesn't hurt all that bad today. Amen...phew...hallelujah. This back thing stinks..big time. Oh well.... enough of that because complaining doesn't help.

The weekend was awesome!!! Although the weather forecast was gloom and doom (rain & thunderstorms) all weekend... we didn't see a drop! Friday night we met Kevin & Victoria at the Tigers Game. We had tried to buy the tickets pre-grame online but I wasn't up to being raped by ticketmaster for their "charges". So we walked up to ticket window and got 4 AWESOME seats for a mere $26/per seat. The weather was perfect...the food gross and delicious....and we won!1 Nothing better on a summer night

I love my friend Victoria...she is a hoot and a half in a pint size body. No matter what we do it is always fun. She is the kind of person who will start a conversation with a total stranger and end up having a new friend. Which is what we did a lot of the night - whether it be in line waiting for food or sitting in our seats talking with the folks aroud us. The guys didn't mind at all...they just watched the game. So silly!

Saturday was all about my final paper for this lovely management seminar which is due this coming Friday. I got it about 90% complete before Gary asked me if I wanted to go to Home Depot with him. Really...you want me to go to Home Depot with you? Hold onto your hat cuz I'm out the door in a flash. I love going to Home Depot...don't ask why.... I just do. I think it started when my son Brian was a little guy and we could spend hours entertaining him in the tool aisle. It just stuck! We bought stuff for our gardens...and I got to help pick it out. I like that too!

Saturday afternoon was all about sweat as we weeded and planted and planted and weeded. Gary turned off the a/c - why air condition a house when no one is inside? Why, because I like to go into a nice cool house when it's 90 degrees and humid. I lost...the cat didn't move all day... and I came up with a plan... My neighbors, Michelle & Randy, believe that their house should never be warmer than 70 degres in the spring/summer. So... I spied Michelle coming out her back door and had to scoot over quickly, just to be neighborly, to say hi. I casually asked what they were doing that day..."no plan". I suggested that Gary & I come over for dinner (we'll bring the main dish) and then play euchre. She liked it. Victory!!! We had a shower in sweat land and then spent the entire evening at their house while ours cooled off. Euchre ended around 1am...only because Randy had to be up at the crack of dawn to drive to the Michigan International Speedway for his day of watching cars go round in circles. The speedway is a big deal.

Sunday was low key...Gary planted more flowers and I worked on recovering the paper that got lost when the computer was accidentally turned off. Some of the kids came over for bbq (Marissa & Joe, and Evan) and then Dairy Queen for dessert.

All in all... it was a GREAT weekend.

Hi to dad & Natalie... dad is visiting her in New Jersey! Have fun you kids :-)!

Potluck today at work. Once again I am bringing the buffalo chicken dip...I brought it once and every time we have a potluck... it is assumed that is what I will bring. Of course I wouldn't want to disappoint my fans.

Have a great day!

No comments: