Through the wonders of modern technology (aka facebook) I have been looking up, and connecting with, old friends. Some have been friends from my early childhood in Massachusetts and others, from my 20's & 30's. It has been a great adventure and so much fun. Some people have clicked immediately...as if time never passed. Others...well it has been nice to learn what their lives have held for them.
Today, I had lunch with a friend....she was my best friend when I was married to my first husband. We did all the friends stuff like registering for our showers...buying houses in the same neighborhoods...preggers at the same time. She is my daughter's godmother...I am godmother to one of the twins (bad me...I don't remember which). Our friendship changed and eventually faded away when I went through my divorce.
So about a month ago I reached out...and she opened up...and we've been talking ever since. Reasons for things happening were explained...and forgiven. Catching up on the kids...our lives. marriages and anything have been talked about over hours on the phone.
Today...we met for lunch. It was really nice to see her. It was kind of weird as I almost didn't recongize her at first. She's changed a lot....she told me I haven't changed much at all (she needs her glasses adjusted). But...it was nice. And it was fun. And it was somewhat sad.
I hope that we continue our friendship...it felt as though a big piece of the puzzle of life is back in place.
No comments:
Post a Comment