Sidney passed away last night. I had to take her to the vet as she stopped eating...moving...and all those other normal activities a cat does. She was snuggled on a shelf in my kitchen for 2 days. I thought something was going on because she had been acting funny for a week. Sleeping all the time - in unusual places for her. When she stopped eating...well I knew deep in my heart... sigh.

I got Sidney from the Humane society about 12 1/2 years ago. Recently divorced, with my ex getting the dog, we just needed a little something to love. She was a crazy kitty and we nicknamed her Sid Vicious. Nothing pleased her more than to hide under the bed and attack our legs when we got close.

She LOVED to eat...here she is at a robust 22 pounds. She had a big frame!

Sidney loved to be outside in the nice weather. She never went any further than our gardens. She would find a place to hang out and just be content to watch the world from her "spot".

Perfect example!

I love this picture of her...it was Halloween and she had to cover her eyes from all the scary costumes? Nah...someone turned on the lights when she was sleeping and she would cover her eyes.

Thank you for giving me a furry friend to love. You were around through thick and thin...and lasted longer than any of my marriages (inside joke). I will miss you every day...I love you Sidney. Mom.
2 comments:
I'm sorry I missed this when it was first posted! So sad when we lose a 'fur kid'.
Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! :)
Thanks Kelley...you too!
Post a Comment