Friday, May 23, 2008

TGIF

My mom is doing well.. having a good day and so happy to be home!!!!

I got a call from Gary at work... we had an "emergency". Spencer swallowed a sewing needle. It was an accident... he had put the needle in between his teeth - fixing the layout for the button and then going to thread the needle. Oops... he swallowed it. Charlotte (Gary's mom) and her sister Flo were here. Gary called EMS... called his mom to let her know they were coming but I guess she didn't hear them. When they arrived she told them they had the wrong house. OY.

I ended up taking Spence to the ER. Gary and Traci (Spencer's mom) showed up a bit later. The doc took an x-ray -- yup there was a needle. It had already passed through his asophogus (?sp) and it was in his intestines. Lots and lots of fluids and soft foods. Hopefully it will pass without incident.

Today is Charlotte's 85th birthday... we went out for Chinese food.

That's it... I'm done for today!

No comments: