Last night Marissa and I ran out to see the move "New in Town" with Renee Zellweger & Harry Connick Jr. . It was exactly what you expected...girl meets boy in horrible situation....horrible situations aren't as horrible as they first appear...a bit of tragedy but in the end ...they fall in Love. Whoo hoo... sappy.
The best part (from our point of view) was the depiction of Minnesota and the people that live in the small town. From their mannerisms to their sense of belonging during the coldest of times.
Marissa and I so want to visit Minnesota! I read Kelley's blog "Yeah, Sure, youbetcha!" and wonder if life if truly like that. Maybe you can check out the blog and let me know what you think! I'll bet yes as one of her entries included the following:
You Know You Live in a Small Town if....It is perfectly acceptable to run into Target, Wal-Mart, the bank or the grocery store and leave your car running.Each business I visited yesterday, when it was -11 degrees, had at least 4 or 5 cars parked out front with the engine running. They were still there when I came back.Welcome to small town, Minnesota!
2 comments:
AHH! That's great! : )
Do people really talk like that? Yep. The smaller the town the thicker the accent.
Do people have winter survival kits in their car? Yep. But I doubt anyone had a quilt with the numbers of their friends sewn in!
Small town values where you do anything for your neighbor? Yep! 100% true.
Is Tapioca the big dessert in MN? Ummm. No.
If you come to MN...enjoy your trip, but wait until it's warmer. The weather in MN is too unpredictable in the winter. : )
That last comment was from me...I was logged into my card-blog account by mistake! Whoops! : )
Post a Comment