Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gran Torino

I saw another movie last night..this is a record as I usually resist going to the theatre. Why....a few reasons which include: I don't like scary, overly suspenseful, science fiction, bloody, ghoury, sappy or stupid chic flick movies. I hate paying all that money to be disappointed or uncomfortable. I'd rather be scrapbooking. But, in fair play and trying to have more "quality time" with Gary I go. He loves movies...all types of movies except anything that resembles a chic flick.

So last night we saw Gran Torino. I like Clint Eastwood...and it was filmed in Michigan. I walked out of the movie thinking...that was good. It touched me...I laughed and I even cried...but mostly at the end it made me think. Think about the sadness that surrounds us just by being different and learning to live with others. Think about acceptance and the benefits you gain by opening your heart to differences. Think about friendship...and trust...and loyalty.

No comments: