A few nice things..
First - my dad got his biopsy results back from his stomach and NO cancer...so they are operating on Wednesday to remove his kidney and ureter. I am praying that they get the cancer and that is it ... he deserves a break!
My stepsons have lived with us full-time for almost three years ago. They moved in not under the happiest of circumstances and it has been, as expected, a bit of a roller coaster ride. I will say that I love them both very much...even when we drive each other crazy.
They will turn 16 and 18 next month. They are so different yet get along pretty well. Actually all our kids (5 of them) get along pretty well.
Spencer and I have a date night every Wednesday night. It starts out the same way... are we going out tonight and I respond you bet. Then he asks me where I want to go...in which I respond that I don't care it's up you you. That drives him crazy because he hates making the decision. So we go back and forth for a while and I usually pick something I know he'll like. So last night we went back to Mexican Fiesta. That's the place he got lemonade accidentally dumped in his lap a month ago. The greeter recognized us when we walked in the door with friendly hello's. We had a great dinner - good conversation - and went up to pay our bill. At that time another waitress was telling the manager she didn't have enough wait staff to sing happy birthday to a customer. So Spencer volunteered to go with them and sing....and they let him...it was awesome. Off he went with his instrument and the staff singing happy birthday. I love that about him!
Tuesday evening Evan ended up joining Marissa and I for dinner. He historically has other plans, doesn't want to come, doesn't like where we are going, would rather sit and stare at a wall (are you getting the picture here?)... We had to pick him up from an appointment so he was stuck with us girls. We first took him to Caribou coffee (he doesn't like coffee) and Marissa "made" him order this drink...which he hesitated to taste and loved it once he did! Then we went to dinner at the local Coney Island (Leo's - our fav). We talked about all sorts of stuff (books we like, stupid tv shows we hate, movies they have seen) and the conversation turned to step parents. Out of the blue he told me that he thought I was a really good stepparent and he was lucky (yikes) to have me. Then he told me that he thought I was a really good parent. WOW...WOW WOW WOW... That was so huge for him...and to share was just the BEST! I wrote him a text message the next day thanking him for sharing that with me. It meant so much to hear him tell me...and told him that I loved him very much. He responded with... well I just want to be honest. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I love Marissa's cats...I do! They are so funny and actually get Sidney (my cat) a bit motivated to do more than sleep all day. Not sure if being on guard and hissing counts as doing something but hey...
OK...that is my nice stuff for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment