Saturday, March 21, 2009

Welcome to animal planet!

Growing up we had lots of pets but never cats. My mom didn't really like cats so we had dogs and guinea pigs and fish and reptiles (yuck)...but no cats. I got Sidney 11 years ago after my divorce as Riley (Welsh Corgi) stayed with my ex...my daughter wanted a pet. Being a single parents who worked full-time, I just didn't feel it was right to cage an animal all day so we went to the Humane Society and found our Sidney.
Sidney is a BIG girl...weighing close to 20 pounds... As you will notice, she is always hanging around my feet.Besides eating her favorite activity is napping!
especially sleep on stuff (ie., christmas decorations & wrapping paper).

I mentioned earlier that my daughter moved back home in mid-december. Her "babies" moved in two weeks ago.

Introducing RUBY...or as much of Ruby that could be captured on camera! She rarely sits still - she is the funniest cat and always up to something! She has the bushiest tale...great duster!

And...last but not least is "WEDGE"... or Mr. Sexy legs. He is the skinnest of cats, sweet but kind of shy...likes to hang out in high places and give Marissa heart attacks as he jumps off ledges. Personally, I think he knows this and laughs as she screams.

He is also the only one who will cuddle in bed.

3 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Cute cats and I'm sure you guys never get tired of their antics :)

Caren said...

You've got that right...thanks!

The Texas Woman said...

Our last cat lived with us for 22 years. It thought it was a dog!

The Texas Woman