Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home....

I got home around 7pm last night... felt good to be here!

Dad is in a rehab and he seems to be adjusting pretty well. The first night was BAD as he had severe gastro-intestinal problems causing him much pain. But after a bit of medication throughout the day, meeting with the dietary department, docs, nurses, pt, etc... he seems to be MUCH better. Thank you god! I was sad to leave him but he'll be ok. I know his friends will step up to the plate once he stops telling them not to come visit. Such a bear!

Gary picked me up at the airport...man it was good to see him! I got home to a very clean :-) house with lots of flowers everywhere! My kids were all home to welcome me along with the cats. My cat, Sidney, just wrapped herself around my leg and purred...true love!

I went upstairs to unpack and WOW... in all it's glory was a brand new 32" high definition flat screen tv. Wooohooo!!! I've wanted a new tv forever - especially since I have 2 teenage boys here that either are playing video games or watching stuff I don't enjoy...Marissa watching something that involves autopsy's or Gary watching sports. Give me my hgtv, tlc...and peace & quiet. So excited.

Today is Evan's 18th birthday...so hard to believe he's 18 already. I've known him since he was a little skinny 8 year old when his dad and I first started dating. Long road but he's doing great. Amen!!!

Tuesday, Brian turns 25 (gonna have to tease him about being 1/4 of a century old) and Spencer turns 16. Busy birthday month for this mom!

GO SPARTANS Brian graduated from Michigan State a few years ago...and we are big fans!!!

Wishing everyone a fabulous day!!!

1 comment:

The Texas Woman said...

Hooray for rehab - the halfway house between sick in the hospital and well at home!

The Texas Woman