Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How to start your day off with a bang!

Up and energetic first thing this morning I decided to clean dad's house. The house is floored with cermanic tile so I get the steam cleaner (Shark??) and start moving the kitchen furniture. Their chairs are on wheels, I push one chair oh so gently and it takes off like a race car...crashing into the door wall. Oh shit...the home security alarm starts ringing. I'm in a panic running to the front of the house to enter the code to turn it off. Shit, shit, shit... the alarm company calls and I explain that dad is in the hospital and what had happened. They wanted a code...what code? I don't have a code! So they tell me to call back with the code and they won't charge for the false alarm. Gee thanks. Then I look out the kitchen window and the police pull up and they are running around the yard. Oh man...I feel like an idiot - big time. Then the door bell is ringing and the neighbors are there and the phone starts ringing and other neighbors are calling.

Really sorry people, I just wanted to help dad and clean his house. It was an accident, I bumped a chair into the doorwall...sorry. Please now all go away as I don't want company as I'm still in my pj's with my hair looking like a rats nest and eyeshadow circling lovely shadows below my eyes. I don't want coffee, I don't want to sit and talk...I want to take a shower and hide.

I made my first pot of coffee and sat on the back porch with a book and did nothing but read for an hour.

This insanity started at 7am. Sigh....

Oh... and since I'm somewhat new to this blog and comments...how do I respond to your comments from my blog? Are you notified or is this just another "simple task" that I'm bound to trip over? Help... :-)

Cher - if you read this note - thanks for your comments regarding the rehab! It truly made me feel 100% better. Dad developed some sort of gastro-intestinal infection so he's still in the hospital until they can get 15 1/2 hours of the runs under control...poor dad!

Love and kisses from Florida!

2 comments:

daedra said...

Yes, you just have to check back, they don't notify you of comments. I had a similar "alarming" situation that oddly revolves around cleaning too. I regularly cleaned a friend's house weekly for money b/c I'm that desperate. They were on vacation one time in CA but failed to leave me the code to the house alarm. 45 minutes later I tried to explain myself to the cop because I couldn't get a hold of my friends for that special "code". Yeah, it really sucked so I feel your pain!

The Texas Woman said...

Hey, responding to me on your next post was great. Or you could respond in the comments on one of my posts. Or don't respond at all. We know you read the comments so we know you got it.

But it sure did make me feel special!

And I did laugh outloud at your post. I know it wasn't funny at the time but it sure made for a funny tale. Be sure to read it to your dad. He'll get a tickle out of it!

The Texas Woman