Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun morning...

I got to head over to Ikea this morning with Melissa and her absolutely adorable daughter - Olivia. Olivia is 18 months old and has excellent taste in people - primarily because she just likes me. That makes me one happy Aunt Caren! We have great conversations - mostly her gibberish and me agreeing with her. Of course she does think that is quite amusing.

We picked out a new small sectional, comfy chair, table and lamp for my living room. I wasn't up for spending a fortune on furniture with two teenage boys still hanging out at home most of the time. The furniture gets used a lot...and if I have to replace it in a few years I'm ok with that!

I also have a weird room in that it only has one solid wall...one wall has about 90" to use and a large door way...another has a fire place with limited space on either side...and the fourth - you can just hang that one up to dry with built in book shelves and another large door way.

I'm content with the furniture selection. Now, my big decision...do I go with standard beige/tan or just kick it out with RED??? Help me here! I'm open to suggestions...and of course paint colors too.

3 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

RED!!!!

The Texas Woman

Caren said...

I love red...have to get the idea though "his" head.

Unknown said...

I like red too! I am never that daring, but it would look awesome!!!

:)