My dad had some tests and there are spots on his bladder again which means another surgery. Outpatient on the 29th...a scrape & biopsy to find out what is going on...again. The doctor did tell us that this was "normal" for people who have bladder cancer...but it still is scary. Poor dad...hang in there!!!!
My sister is doing progressively better since her surgery in May. She is starting to walk without her walker while in the house. That is huge progress from a month ago where she could barely move. Hurrah. She looks so much better too...she is SUPER skinny (not healthy skinny) so every pound she gains is a huge success. Can you imagine trying to find clothes small enough to stay up? I know...everyone has the other problem but it still is frustrating. She's about 5'9" and maybe weights 112 pounds.
Charlotte has been here for a week. She and Gary planted more flowers - they do that every year.
Maybe Gary is trying to see if flowers will grow on his moms head???

Spencer has been working at the farm... a lot. It was strawberry season and home grown Michigan strawberries are the sweetest berries around. Gary's brother has a U-pick farm so we get lots of yummy fruit & vege's all summer! Spence also has a new girlfriend and she's really nice. She actually will talk to us and look us in the eye - a miracle. Oh...she got a new kitty "Charlie" and brought her over yesterday...little ball of sweetness...I wanted to keep her.
Evan has been staying at his moms house babysitting her younger kids. The job market for everyone is horrible and he makes pretty good money by helping his mom out. It also gets him out of the house. It's really nice when he comes home for a visit. Still no plans defined for his college goals...I just hope he goes.
Gary is actually taking some time to play golf this year. This is a complete opposite of Gary about 3 years ago when he lived and breathed on the golf course. I'm glad he's getting out...with friends...and having some fun. He needs it - big time.
Brian is doing great...talked to him yesterday and he just got back from a camping trip in the lovely mountains of Colorado. I am definitely going to see him this fall. I am...no excuses... I am.
Marissa is still housesitting/dogsitting for her friend who is in Africa visiting his family. I miss her. Yup... I miss her a lot. So do her kitties. Come home!!! (I have issues - sorry)
Me.. a lot as usual. I've signed up for a class which starts July 31st. I only have 4 classes to get my degree and I'm going to do it...now! I also joined a women's group...positive energy, spiritual based, self improvement type thing. We met once this past week...and I love it. Truly looking inside to learn more about what makes me tick...and how to make positive changes.
Big news - I kept my job - which is huge. I live in Michigan so that should explain a lot if you follow the automotive economic downward spiral. The company I work for is a supplier to a Global Tier One automotive supplier. As that company filed for bankruptcy, we had to see if we made the critical supplier list, we did not. Then we had to see if they were going to sign a new contract - which they did - but not until the last day of our present contract. The contract made provisions for one person...and that was me. My co-worker was moved to another assignment so thankfully she is still employed. I started here 7 1/2 years ago as part of a huge team (about 30 people) and slowly the economy got worse and the team got smaller and smaller. I miss so many wonderful people that I met and worked with over the years. It will be a challenge but that's ok.
Happy Friday!
2 comments:
Congrats on keeping your job!
I hope your dad's outpatient visit goes well! Fingers crossed!
Thanks Kelley...it's been a rough year.
Post a Comment