Today I escorted my mother inlaw to Windsor (Ontario) to visit her sister inlaw Betty. Betty has recently moved into an assisted living facility and really likes it. She has a nice room...a bit small for my taste...which is more like a hotel room with a mini fridge and coffee maker. The facility is awesome...they have two levels of card/game rooms, entertainment, physical therapy & workout facility, a library, two dining rooms, outdoor sunroom, bbq area and a pub! Yup... a real pub. Now how fantastic is that...that have happy hour every day at 4pm. Then the seniors are all passed out by 7pm. Laughing..she really likes it there.
Anyhow, we took Betty out to lunch...and the girls shared stories that spanned 50 years as they were married to brother. They laughed for hours...it was just fabulous to be a part of the day. I will tell you what... my mother inlaw is an absolute hoot. I love her!!! She told me how she met my father inlaw (who passed away about 5 years ago)...hitch hiking! Got to remember the times.
So after we dropped Betty home we decided to pay a surprise visit on her friend June. Well we pulled up in front of the house and Charlotte said that something didn't look right. We saw a neighbor a few houses down and asked if June still lived there. No, sadly she passed away 8 months ago. My poor mother inlaw was so upset. She and June has been friends since their early 20's...Charlotte is now 86.
After crossing the bridge from Canada back to the US and waiting in line for what seemed like hours (probably not more than 20 minutes)...we took a ride over to the farm to pick up some vegetables. Kind of nice having a brother & sister inlaw who operate a produce farm. Free vegetables & fruit.
Got home...cooked dinner and ran out to do a little shopping at Target.
I am pooped!!!
1 comment:
I always LOVED going to Winsor (I used to live outside of Flint in Fenton, MI). So much fun! And even more fun that you got to get some FRESH veg & fruit!
Sorry to hear about June. So sad!
Post a Comment