But, I got roped into going and decided I was going to make the best of the day. For $120.00 I got to rise at 4:00 am to drive 6 miles to hop on the bus. When we arrived at the next stop, 6:00 am, we picked up the final group of gals (included friends Melissa, her mom Mary (Basket queen), cousin Renee, Aunt Brenda, Cheryl, her sister & mom) and off we went to Ohio.
On the 4 plus hour ride we ate...sweet rolls, crackers, a stop at McDonalds and oh we played games! Pass the box (a challenge for some of the ladies) as you passed a box over your head in the order of your row. Something like musical chairs - the music stopped & you kept the box & tore off one layer of wrapping paper. The music started and again you pass the box. The winner got a Longaberger basket. By the time we arrived at our destination I had a Longaberger tote bag filled with Longaberger little items, a cake basket and a card basket. For you folks who know anything about Longaberger...these baskets are not cheap. As a matter of fact that are crazy expensive and go up in value over the years.
Oh did I mention their corporate office looks like a Giant Basket??? 

We had arrived at our destination at 10:30 am and were off...shopping to our hearts content until 4:00 pm. At that time we got our huge bin of products from package pick-up and jammed them in storage under the bus. Might add that I did a tad bit of damage in the factory store. Bought lots of great gifts for Christmas gifts for friends!
Then we were off to the city of Dresden, Ohio...which sadly has been hit by the economic downturn. Most of the cute stores are closed...so we got back on the bus and headed home. We received a box lunch from an Amish company - which was delicious I might add, Two chick flicks later and I finally arrived at my bus stop. Home by 11:30 pm...Man I was tired. But it was fun and yes, I'll do it again! Check out the link if you have any curiosity or the desire to come along for the ride next year... http://www.longaberger.com/
Now for the give-away....Check out this blog: http://blogsthenewblack.blogspot.com/ She has a give-a-way for Bert's Beeswax products. She also has a good blog to follow!
1 comment:
Glad you had fun. Those things are too expensive for my blood, though.
So even though I'm not gonna buy you a basket, I want to thank you for all your support. It's meant a lot to me!
cher
Post a Comment