I had a fun weekend...busy, non-stop activity...so I now think I should have another day to just relax.
Friday night I met up with Victoria, Karen & Amanda at the mall. Some of the local crafters that I've gotten to know over the years, due to NUMEROUS trips to craft fairs, have joined together and opened a store in the 12-Oaks Mall in Novi, MI. It was so cool to see them all selling their stuff (jewelry, pottery, metal wear, etc...) indoors. My FAVORITE silversmith is Beth Jones and you can check out her fabulous jewelry at http://www.designedbybeth.com/. Of course I now own a bunch of her creations and get compliments all the time. With the holiday season coming up she has so many pieces that make affordable gifts!!! Hint hint!!!
Saturday we got a new bed... why is this blogworthy? Well first off... Gary has to investigate everything to death. We went to test out mattresses at 5 different stores...only for him to go on a whim and order a mattress from Costco...online. It was a huge savings...$1,000 less than the bed in the store.
It arrived...the guys brought it up...set it up and left lots of grass & dirt on my carpets (gee thanks). I looked at the bed...hmmm...something is weird...the box spring is only 3 inches deep so it is a "low rider" bed. I felt as if I was sleeping on the floor it sits so low. Gary walked into the room when I had gotten into bed and started laughing.
I'll take pictures... I think it is going back.
Anyhow, I had my final class on Saturday morning. I'm always congested in the morning and this past Saturday was no exception. I walked into class and my professor asked if was feeling ok. Well, it was morning and I had only 2 mugs of coffee so far so I shrugged my shoulders. He then instructed me to put my final paper into a folder and leave. LOL... really? Leave after 15 minutes of a class on a Saturday morning? OK! I'm out the door...hurrah. Guess he didn't want to catch anything.
Then I got to pick up my son at the airport. He flew in from Denver for a family wedding...looking oh so handsome in his suit. I almost didn't recognize him. I'm definitely more used to his jeans, t-shirt and tattoos... not some GQ. We hung out until I dropped him at his dads house. I'll see him tomorrow morning before he leaves.
Saturday afternoon I spent with two other girlfriends...hanging out at Panera Bread...talking, laughing and drinking way too much coffee. Got home and decided to give my scrapbook room a cleaning. I haven't scrapbooked since May...that is when my MIL showed up for the summer and took over my space. So I got 3 pages done..loving that.
Sunday Gary and I left the house early. He was golfing with Scott & I got to hang out with Melissa and little miss Olivia for the entire day. Love that little girl...not even two and has a fantastic personality and vocabulary to boot.
Dad has his last treatment on Thursday and sounded much better this morning. Hurrah to that. I'm looking forward to spending some one-on-one dad & me time. It is the best!
Later!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm a bad blog reader and haven't stopped by many blogs lately. But it sounds like your week was busy!
And hooray for the last treatment for your dad. GOOD LUCK! : )
Post a Comment