My friend - Travis - is an inspiration unto himself. I have known Trav for about 8 years and we worked together on numerous projects over the years. I wanted to share his note today and urge you to join in his cause. Pretty positive...very cool!
I have sent this note to 100 people and I selected you as part of the 100 because I believe you’ll do something with this email. Included on the distribution list of this email are family members, church leaders, business leaders, friends and some of you are all of those things to me. The last two years of my life have been great learning years and as some of you know, I aspire to write, so through that writing (and a ton of reading), I have learned that servant leadership principles are very powerful. I have been opened to the positive energy that comes from doing kind things for people and with your help, have been inspired to kick off a small social movement that focuses its efforts on doing kind things for others.
Please visit www.powerofkindness.wordpress.com and if you are interested in taking part, we’d love to have you. This project is a simple commitment of your time. No fees, no selling, no reporting, no follow up (unless you want to), just you- doing something kind for someone else every day in 2010.
Starting small, when we gather 274 people to commit, which you can do by leaving a comment on the blog site I just listed, we’ll take part in generating 100,000 acts of random kindness in 2010.
I know that I am not the first person to orchestrate something like this, but as I see it, the world can use as much kindness as we are willing to offer it. Thanks for reading and whether you are interested in taking part or not, I would ask that you forward this link to as many people as you can.
1 comment:
That is so cool!! : )
Post a Comment