Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day was great!

I had a GREAT Mother's Day. Seriously great!!
My son decided he wanted to be the first person to wish me a happy mother's day so I received a text message from him at 1:47 AM! Yes, AM. I almost had a heart attack but read the note and smiled.
Then, I woke up at 5:30 AM ... why? Because I had to be on the road by 6:30 AM to pick up my daughter & her boyfriend. The "kids" were taking the "mom's" to the Detroit Zoo for a special Mother's Day breakfast and zoo day. I had not seen Joe's in 10 years as the kids last "dated" 10 years ago. Funny how life brings people back into your life. Anyhow, we had a great buffet breakfat (yes, I ate everything OFF my diet and it was DELICIOUS) and then did the zoo. Uhm... did I mention that it was COLD here yesterday...in the 30's. We had on Winter coats, gloves, hats, you name it! Brrrr.
I was at home by 1pm and after a quick lunch, decided to take a little nap. 3 1/2 hours later, Gary thought I should get up since the kids were all coming for dinner. Oh... did I mention my house was spotless...it was so clean...and he decorated the kitchen in pink & purple streamers and bought me flowers ... everywhere?? He did... it was GRAND.
Steve cooked most of the dinner (shrimp, chicken & steak kabobs, two kinds of rice) AND Dairy Queen for dessert. Then we came home and played cards.
Of course I missed my mom...it always hurts for her to be gone...but especially on days like Mother's Day. She was such a good mom.
And I missed Brian as he is in Denver...but he'll be home on THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing that your Mother's Day was as fabulous!

No comments: