Well, the last two weeks of September literally blew by. The exciting news is that it is October! If anyone knows me well enough...they know that I love October because it is time for football, tailgating and Halloween. I love Halloween the best! I'll take some pictures of the house...it is decked out already but I still have a wee bit to go. A dear friend sold her house this year and was so nice to "give" me all her Halloween decor. She & her hubby bought a GIANT RV (motor home thing) and had no room/need for decorations. Gee...darn...HURRAH!!
For those of you who have kept track of my summer... my mother inlaw has been here since the end of June. Yep. Well, on top of that...her knee cap was jacked and she literally sat around all day, every day, waiting for me (anyone) to come home. She was starved for company and needed a partner to watch all those stupid reality shows with at night. Yes, you guest that I am a major door mat and got stuck doing that. Well, we found her a local Orthopaedic doc who actually takes her Florida insurance (thank you god)! He has been giving her a series of injections into her knee. Three in total...and yup...they seem to have helped. So, with much sadness (are you buying that??) I must report that she is going back to Florida for the Winter. Sigh... what will I do with all my free time? Hmmm....any darn thing I want!!! Happy Dance. Don't get me wrong.. I love her to death... but four months of your mother inlaw (at 87) who has not been her usual "get up and go" is enough for the most kind hearted person.
Now all I need to do is get Spencer to graduation this coming spring and I'm home free baby! Yes, Mr. Spencer has been a trial this past year. He barely made it out of his junior year of school and got that 17 year old boy attitude nailed. I hate 17 year old boy attitude...thank god he is the last one at home. I'm not sure another one would see me through. We are working on the attitude... and although the attendance office has already called 4 times in the month of September...he's only been late for 1st hour. Patience!
Gary and I went up to CMU yesterday to watch the Chippewas play (?) football. May I add it was FREEZING. I was prepared... tank top, turtle neck, polar fleece shirt, hoodie, winter coat, tights, pants, winter boots, two pair of socks, ear muffs, gloves, hat over the ear muffs and a blanket. I was still cold. 48 degree weather with gray skies and a gusty wind made for a chilly day. But, we had a blast...even if the Chippewas looked like the Lions. Oh well, at least MSU and U of M won yesterday.
Today... I'm chilling out. I think facebook has taken over toooo much of my life. I am dedicating myself back to my blog. At least I write full sentences here!
Have a marvelous day!
No comments:
Post a Comment