Saturday, February 12, 2011

Foot ... Update

Well... this is just getting old. I had surgery on my (was going to swear here) foot on December 22nd. It still HURTS and is constantly SWOLLEN...and I'm just sick of it. I want it to get better...NOW.

Yesterday I took the day off work. I had been up since 3:30 am...headache (migraine) and sick and my foot was throbbing. Who has a foot that swells up when sleeping??? Me. So I got out of bed and got my three ice packs praying that would help. NO. So I call the Dr.'s office at 8am and let them know I'm moving my appt up to now. My dr calls and tells me to wait until noon... he wants me to see a vascular dr as I might have a thrombosis. Hmmm... thrombosis sounds ominous... so I had to google that bad boy. First, I was pleased that I actually spelled it correctly on the first try. Then, I started reading all about it. What the docs were concerned about was a deep vein blood clot... which could be fatal if it moved up to my lungs. Nice.

I called my hubby who told me NOT TO MOVE... he was on his way home and taking me to the dr. Awh...that was nice... as I usually just take myself. I guess he got scared. So we go to the dr who tells me that it is very odd that I'm having this much swelling... and I'm back on yet another antibiotic and heading to the hosital for a vascular ultrasound. Great.

The ultrasounds was no big deal... the girl just looks at my veins to see if there is blockage. Great news...no blood clot. She even looked at my arteries and told me they are doing great too! Woo hoo...

So the great mystery...what the heck is going on??? I'm off my foot for the entire weekend. Going back to the dr. on Monday morning at 8am. Good times!!!

Oh yeah...and today is our third wedding anniversary. Guess I'll be cancelling those dinner reservations. Sigh.

No comments: