Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Birthday Date!

I love the fact that my husband and my daughter enjoy each others company. They have shared a special bond since Gary came into our lives. Marissa was 12 at the time. Every year they take each other out on a birthday date...just the two of them.

My "baby" turned... 25 this year.

The conversation went something like this...

G - So, what do you want to do for your birthday
M - I have a GREAT idea
G - Oh no...not the zoo again!!
M - Nope, the Detroit Science Center has a Dinosaur exhibit...let's do that!!
G - OK!

So, they headed into the city to go to the exhibit.

Apparently the Dinosaur exhibit is quite popular as the line was a bit long...hence the unhappy face on my husband. He hates to wait in line. The line was really, really long because this was happening after 1 1/2 hrs in line (they timed it). Have no fear...she survived!
Good thing there were games to keep them busy while waiting!!!Super game player...
How many 25 year old girls have dinosaur t-shirts? How many wear them proudly to a Dinosaur exhibit? My girl!!
What a big dinosaur. Would you get a load of that mouth!!!

Hmmm...a relative???

Just for the record... I love this picture. Before you read any further I am stating for the record...I am NOT responsible for the activities that follow. Yes, you can see the mischief brewing in their faces. Need I say more?They do find themselves hilariously funny....good for them!I know this face. This is the face of a hungry girl. She gets a bit "cranky" when she gets hungry.Phew... "opa" cheese at greektown...saved the day! Happy 25th little girl... may all your dreams come true! Love you... mom

No comments: