We heard noises in the night. Scratching in the attic. I thought we had mice - noooo... BATS. Eke!!!
The first estimate was a mere $1400.00 to rid our abode of the nasty critters. I was so close to saying...go for it...until we had an extermintor come by.
We were infiltrated by a swarm of boxelder bugs. They were EVERYWHERE. They don't bother anything...they just crawl all over the place. Drove me nuts. So, when the exterminator asked if we had anything else to check out, I mentioned the bats. He gave me a recommendation for a great company that he has worked with in the past. Our exterminator had to get out of the critter control business after a back injury and refers people to Michigan Bat Control.
I scheduled an appointment and they showed up on time. A team did their inspection and gave me a TOTAL price of $515.00. Seriously??? I asked what the difference was as I had another quote. He mentioned the other company by name...and said they rip people off. Went through some examples of what they "say" they are going to do vs. what is needed.
To boot, I also have a five year guarantee! Would you believe I was there last customer...and it had stopped raining..so they did the job today.
Oh, did I mention they are coming back next week to clean my attic (and sanitize if) for mere $200.00 more. The other company told me it would be at least $500 for the cleaning. I feel as though I hit the jackpot today.
Now we can spend more on the basement. Yippee!!!
1 comment:
EEEKKK is right! Critters need to stay outside and when they get inside, ugh!
Great to hear that you saved money!
Post a Comment