Do you have friends who never seem to do anything? When you call them to make plans they have no idea what they are doing? So you ask them if they want to get together for lunch the next day. They say sure! Then you say... "Call me in the morning and let me know how your day is going so we can determine where to go and when."
The next day you you wait... and wait...and then you get frustrated. Why? Because deep down you really know they are blowing you off. So you pick up the phone and learn they are helping a friend move with his girlfriend. The same friend that has caused much aggravation and heartache to this person over the years.
You ask them why they didn't just pick up the phone and call you earlier. That's all it would take; a phone call to say that plans had changed. Then it would not have been such a big deal. Then you wouldn't feel like the schlump that you do. Maybe you would consider your friendship worth something.
Today, I am officially DONE. I am not calling this person any longer. I am not going to try. If she chooses to call me..fine. And, if I am not busy or feel like doing anything, well I consider it at that time.
Damn it makes me mad.
1 comment:
Oh yeah, I've totally had/still have some flaky friends. Ones that you have to cater to when making plans because they don't like this kind of music or that kind of ambiance, or because they won't go any farther than their own neighborhoods or aren't really into trying something new. After a while, you just have to go do your own thing anyway and find those who do share your interests. There are different circles for different things and that's what I've recently discovered. One can only take rejections for so long.
Post a Comment