Memorial Weekend was packed with lots of fun activities. A Tigers game on Friday night as they were playing the Boston Red Sox. I'm from Boston so we go to the game every year. So far, Boston has won every time we have gone to see them. Hmmm...I must bring them good karma!
Saturday night we caught The Hangover II. It was stupid funny like the first. Let me repeat...STUPID....funny. I think I enjoyed listening to Gary laugh more than the movie. I'm not a movie person but I felt it was important to go since it is a good date thing to do with my hubby He LOVES going to the movies. Sunday we went to the flower market and got lots of flowers for the front & back yards... and I'll have to take pictures soon. It looks great.
Before sharing our Memorial Day, I feel the need to provide a bit of update on our kids. We have been empty nesters since April when the youngest (Spence) decided to move out. He has been struggling with life for a while...basically the "I'm 18 and can do what I want with my life" attitude got old real fast. He was basically kicked out of school due to lack of attendance (and all failing grades) one month shy of graduation. We aren't really sure where he is living other than with a friends from High School...the friends parents are letting him live there for very little rent. He has a job and is doing what he needs to do.
Next is Evan. I haven't shared much about Evan for a very long time as he has been dealing with a lot of huge "life" issues as well. I'm just going to jump in and let you know what is happening. For my conservative friends...this might be hard for you to hear/deal with. But, life is what we make of it and we are doing the best we can. Evan is now legally Kaci. He changed his name before going to Western Mich. University last fall. Kaci... had been accepted into the transgender program at the University of Michigan Health System about 1 1/2 years ago. It has been an interesting journey for everyone. So "she" is living as a woman now.... a part of the program that the participants have to live as their desired sex for a year. We have been as supportive as we can ... I could not imagine what "she" is going through but I will share...she is the happiest I've seen "her" since she was a very small child. Here's a photo of Gary & Kaci.

Steve is working (hurrah) at a Ford Plant. He got a job on the production line and is working 7 days/week from 4pm - 4am. He's working...so that is good...enough said.
My kids... Brian is still in Denver and having a wonderful life. He ventured out on his own and established his own business - Canyon Knives (http://www.canyonknives.com/). He actually got an order for two knives from a guy in Scotland that heard of his work. So, if you know anyone who wants a custom knife...throw some business his way! He does everything from forging the steel to carving the handles. Here are a few pictures of his work.
Here's a recent pic of Brian & his girlfriend Jessica...and he is REALLY happy. Nice!

Here's a recent pic of Brian & his girlfriend Jessica...and he is REALLY happy. Nice!
And last...but definitely not least... is my baby girl. She is happy...she is working and living on her own and having fun! She met a guy she's been "dating" for about 4 months now. They are dating...just a lot. She brought him home to meet me on Memorial Day. My husband likes him...said that he tried to find something "wrong" with him all day and so far so good. Laughing... Gary is really so protective of Marissa...cracks me up!
The background on the kids leads up to Memorial Day. Here's my guy relaxing in his favorite chair before the gang arrives for the BBQ.

Spencer, Kaci, Marissa and her new guy (Casey) all came to dinner. We have not been together as a family since Christmas. At that time Kaci (formerly known as Evan) still looked like Evan...Spencer was still somewhat pleasant to be around and Marissa ...well she is pretty consistent.
My bro & sister inlaw even made it over...which is a miracle this time of year as they are farmers with this being their busiest time of year.
Here's a photo of Gary and his kids (Spence on the left and Kaci on the right)
Gary and Spencer... "cheese"
Here's Marissa and her guy, Casey
and finally... me & my girl
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. This weekend is nice too...as Gary is on his first 5 day golf trip of the summer...and I have been BUSY with my girlfriends. Good times!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a very nice weekend! :)
Post a Comment