Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

Hi there! I am still recovering from my foot surgery and am so lucky to have a few friends who made it over to keep me company. I don't sit and do nothing very well. I'm going stir crazy. I have read all my required reading for class, read a good book and watched hours upon hours of tv. If you don't know me well....I am not a TV person. Thank you HGTV for providing me hours of house hunting, the food network teaching me how to cook new dishes (one day), DIY for giving me a true reason for hiring contractors and on demand for movies that I don't have to pay for.

Christmas Day was fun even though I sat on my butt and did nothing. Gary made spaghetti, Evan made pasta salad, Steve brought pizza, Marissa made a mud pie, Brian brought himself (well, he did come in from Denver at 4pm on Christmas day) and Spencer made an ice cream pie. I contributed instructions on making the buffalo chicken dip - yummy . We almost had the whole gang...Spencer has not grasped the concept of "requesting" time off and actually getting the time off... so he had to work.
I shared in a previous post that we were not doing "gifts" for the kids (who really aren't kids) this year. Santa managed to show up and fill stockings though. One gift Brian received was a GIANT bag of M&M Peanuts. I think he was trying to figure out how not to eat them at one time. Good luck with that my son! Santa must have traveled to the Angry Dog Saloon in Dallas and picked up a perfect t-shirt for Steve!
Oh, and Santa must have known that some lady needed bakeware...funny how that works! Grandma was also generous with cash gifts this year...go Grandma! Would be nice if they sent her a gift??? Ya think??? Well Evan was already spending the cash as he smiled for the picture.Of course Gary & I shared gifts...cuz we like to do that for each other. Yup, he loves his Aloha Girl Loudmouth Brand Golf Pants. That and the crazy Nike white belt with the huge belt buckle to complete the outfit. He had to try the pants on immediately - such a silly guy! I made out pretty good - he got me this Pandora bracelet with a catalog of charms. As soon as I get medical clearance we are going shopping!This picture of my pretty girl smiling was worth just a picture on its own. Apples to Apples is a favorite around here. We added a bit of competition to the game by betting on the hands. I never win at that game but it's fun. The best was having the cell phones put away for a few hours. I had to remind a certain individual to put his phone away only twice - trust me - that is huge for a 19 year old.


No comments: