So, the story is, my foot got an infection. How? The stitches under my skin that were "supposed" to dissolve - did not. I had an allergic reaction which turned into an infection. So this past wednesday I went to see Dr. Jerry. I told him my foot was still hurting - big time. He took one look at the heel and said, "that looks gross"! Nice huh! Well he then got a scapel (you should skip to the next paragraph if you have a squeamish tummy) and targeting slicing away at the huge scab that never fell off. No, that didn't feel so good. Then the "oh" moment when he realized the stitches were there. Yes, he had to go in (sorry) and get them out. I just got the willies from remember that feeling. Not so good. Back in a surgical wrap with a big swollen foot. Of course I am not adding any photos. I do like you!
From there I drove to my ex (#1 for those who count or realize who I am referring to) husbands drug store to get my antibiotics (Keflex - dad's a pharmacist so I had to tell). Ran into my ex-brother inlaw who happened to be working. Nice to say hello after a lot of years. I especially love the "I almost didn't recognize you... wow you look great" comments. He he he (sorry).
Met up with girlfriends Kathy & Donna from school. We have decided to have a monthly girls nite out. We really have such a good time! I love making friends as an adult - they are amazing women!
OK. So does it get better? Heck yeah. I have had knee problems for a long (very long) time. I used to be a runner which probably accounts for part of this (sure do miss running). I was told that I would need a knee replacement when I got older. That was in my 30's. That was also a longgggg time ago. So I thought maybe it was time. Heck NO the dr. told me. They don't feel women who are shy of 60 (god bless him) have a good success rate with knee replacements. He did share that a hip replacement is wonderful and would recommend that. Thank you but the hips still work fine. Anyhow, sorry to sidetrack, but I have an inflammation of the knee cap/joints. That is aggravating my arthritis in my knees - didn't know I had that but no surprise. Then, "would you like injections to help?" Sure...why not! You know that anticipation of the unknown....not warranted. They injections really didn't hurt...until about 30 minutes later when my knees started to swell and it was painful to bend them. That lasted almost 2 days. OK...imagine me with a bum foot and now knees that don't bend. I was told I now walk like a penguin. Ha. Damn. They are fine now and don't hurt so bad - all good.
Last night my husband took me out on a lovely date. We went to O'Charley's for dinner (not so great but usually pretty darn good) and then downtown Detroit to the Motor City Casino. No, no gambling... Macy Gray was in concert! She sang lots of her old tunes which I love!
So much fun!! I couldn't get up and dance but enjoyed the show big time. Thanks honey!!!Tonight we going downtown to Mexican Village for dinner (yummy) and then to the Michigan State vs. University of Michigan Hockey Game at the Joe Louis Arena. Friends Connie & Neal are joining us. They are one of those couples we love spending time with but find it so hard to match up calendars. Good times!
OK... see, I didn't completely whine. Yeah! Have a marvelous day! More fun to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment